I had bought a new pc with windows 8 and wanted to be sure that the usb to serial adapter functions on the client. I installed the driver and plugged the usb adapter in the usb drive. However it wasn’t functioning. So i troubleshooted the error and want to share te solution with all engineers.
1. Make sure all old drivers for the usb drive have been uninstalled.
2. Go to Devices and printers
3. Device installation settings
4. select no, let me choose what to do combined with never install driver software from windows update.
5. Klik Save Changes.
6. Reboot computer.
7. Install the original drivers. They will work perfectly!